Saturday, April 30, 2011

A-Sketch-a-Day-Until-Hera #5

Olympians Book 3, Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory is finally coming out July 19th. To commemorate this momentous occasion I will be posting a drawing from my enormous cache of sketchbooks each weekday until Hera hits the shelves. I'll be going through them chronologically, and today's piece is from 2006.

 As you can see, today's drawing is a very early version of Persephone. If you've been following this blog at all, you're well aware how very, very different this design is from the Persephone that will eventually make her appearance in Olympians Book 4, Hades: Lord of the Dead. I would have to say of all the principle characters in Olympians that Persephone was the last one for me to get a handle on, and obviously at this stage of the game I had not gotten that handle yet. At this stage, she's all Dread Queen, no Young Maiden.

Follow george_oconnor_ on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment