Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A-Sketch-a-Day-Until-Hera #9

Olympians Book 3, Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory is finally coming out July 19th. To commemorate this momentous occasion I will be posting a drawing from my enormous cache of sketchbooks each weekday until Hera hits the shelves. I'll be going through them chronologically, with today's piece coming from a sketchbook from September of 2006.


I just received a comment on this blog yesterday asking me if I could draw a picture of every single character that appears in a Greek myth, yet who will not be appearing in Olympians, in order to complete a sort of "George O'Connor Greek myth style guide". While the scope of such an ambitious program (there are literally thousands of characters) is beyond me, I did mention there's a great many drawings from my sketchbooks of many of these characters already, and here's one. This is a drawing of Echidna, wife of Typhon, and mother of Cerberus, the Nemean Lion, The Lernaean Hydra and many others. She may make an appearance in book 10 (Hermes) but she may not as that's a long ways off. But I designed her, so here you go. Also, check out the crazy helmet on my early Athena there.


Follow george_oconnor_ on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment