Friday, June 3, 2011

A-Sketch-a-Day-Until-Hera #39

Olympians Book 3, Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory is finally coming out July 19th. To commemorate this momentous occasion I will be posting a drawing from my enormous cache of sketchbooks each weekday until Hera hits the shelves. I'll be going through them chronologically, with today's piece coming from a sketchbook from January of 2007.






Initially, while I was working on Olympians, I had the idea that each of the covers would be a close-up portrait of the god in question (don't believe me? Check out this post from March 2008 of my original cover idea for Athena). Today's piece is a rough idea for the Hades cover, as well as a proposed subtitle (since renamed Lord of the Dead) and three myths I might retell in the volume (and of these three, only one made it into the final. Who can guess which one?).


Follow george_oconnor_ on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment