Friday, July 15, 2011

A-Sketch-a-Day-Until-Hera #75

Olympians Book 3, Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory is finally coming out July 19th. To commemorate this momentous occasion I will be posting a drawing from my enormous cache of sketchbooks every day until Hera hits the shelves. I'll be going through them chronologically, with today's piece coming from a sketchbook from April of 2007.


Today's drawing is an early design of the invisibility-causing Wolfcap of Hades, as well as a shot of a Cyclops holding said helmet. The scene of Hades and Poseidon receiving their weapons from the Cyclopes had to be trimmed from Zeus: King of the Gods due to pacing; I had hoped to include that scene in the upcoming Poseidon: The Yet to be Subtitled but just had to trim it as well. This little sketch might end up being all you ever see of my version of these events.


Follow george_oconnor_ on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment